The Bearbugs and the Flying Bearbugs are about the same size. Their relatives also include the Large Bearbugs and the Giant Bearbugs.
Beetle-like melee enemy.
Weak to Magic attacks.
- Jumping body press. Distance is about the 'Bug's entire length.
- Thrusts its needle-like appendage from its head.
- Charging attack. Breaks most guards.
- Their attacks usually consist of a stinger thrust from their mouth and a body rush tackle. With a hard shell and high HP, these guys take a beating.
- Try hitting them with Poison or Plague to supplement your damage, also melee attack with magic enchanted weapons (like rune sword) works fine.
- (Note that there is also a Blessed Mace +1 in Valley of Defilement 5-1 if you can't find any magic stone.)
- Soulsucker Strategy
- If you have the spell Soulsucker, get near one and kill it instantly.
Chunk of Dragonstone (rare)
Enemy ID and Stats
The information below reflects the game's hard programmed values for enemy stats and values. However, these values don't always align precisely with values seen in game. This is due to Special Effect Multipliers (similar to NPCs) and World Tendency Multipliers.
|Bearbug (Black Phantom)||313007||2-2||296||860||184||209||184||234||71||573||100||125||500|
Special Effect Multipliers
Special Effect Multipliers are blanket multipliers that are applied to NPCs, including Black Phantoms. For example, if the HP multiplier is "x2", the NPC will have twice the health that the player would have if they had identical stats and equipment. The NPC's attack multipliers are applied before the damage is affected by the player's defenses and resistances. Damage received by the NPC is slightly more complicated. When the player does damage to the NPC, the raw damage is put into a formula and computed against the NPC's resistances. These resistances are multiplied by the values in the Physical/Magic/Fire Defense columns before calculation. Afterward, the remaining damage is reduced by resistances, it is then multiplied by the Damage reduction multipliers in the Physical/Magic/Fire Reduction columns. The output damage remaining is the dealt to the NPC.
|Bearbug (Black Phantom)||2-2||x3.1||x1.875||x2.625||x2.625||x2.625||-||-||-||x1.875||x1.875||x1.875||-||-||-|