|Location||Boletarian Palace: 1-2, 1-3|
Stonefang Tunnel: 2-1
|Description||Small melee enemy; Found several in a pack|
- Always begins with a leaping bite. Unless blocked, the dog will trot away before resuming its attacks.
- At close range, the dog bites multiple times with no precursor animations.
- You'll hear the kennel barking before you see them.
- They rush you as a group, which can make them very tough if you aren't prepared. One strategy is to use the Thief's Ring and lure them out one at a time with ranged attacks/items.
- Another strategy is to run back to the doorway leading to the first tower and taking them on in the narrow space one at a time.
- Remember that spears can be used to attack while your shield is raised. Or lock on to the lead dog and do a strong R2 attack just before it jumps at you. You'll skewer the lead dog and the one following it.
Enemy ID and Stats
The information below reflects the game's hard programmed values for enemy stats and values. However, these values don't always align precisely with values seen in game. This is due to Special Effect Multipliers (similar to NPCs) and World Tendency Multipliers.
Special Effect Multipliers
Special Effect Multipliers are blanket multipliers that are applied to NPCs, including Black Phantoms. For example, if the HP multiplier is "x2", the NPC will have twice the health that the player would have if they had identical stats and equipment. The NPC's attack multipliers are applied before the damage is affected by the player's defenses and resistances. Damage received by the NPC is slightly more complicated. When the player does damage to the NPC, the raw damage is put into a formula and computed against the NPC's resistances. These resistances are multiplied by the values in the Physical/Magic/Fire Defense columns before calculation. Afterward, the remaining damage is reduced by resistances, it is then multiplied by the Damage reduction multipliers in the Physical/Magic/Fire Reduction columns. The output damage remaining is the dealt to the NPC.