Boletaria 1-3 Walkthrough
Tower Knight Archstone
- Silver Demon's Soul
|- Ostrava of Boletaria
- Dregling Merchant
- Biorr, of the Twin Fangs
- Yuria, the Witch
|- Boletaria Soldier (38)
- Red Eye Knight (6)
- Dogs (3)
- Fat Official (3)
- Imperial Spy (6)
|- Penetrating Sword|
- Great Sword
- Official's Cap
- Ring of the Accursed
- Ring of Magical Nature
- Stone of Ephemeral Eyes x2
Enemy ID and Stats
|Boletaria Soldier (Sword)||201050||135||120||98||0||0||0||44||77||50||75||100|
|Boletaria Soldier (Crossbow)||201051||85||132||88||0||0||0||44||77||50||75||100|
|Boletaria Soldier (Spear)||201052||130||208||98||0||0||0||44||77||50||75||100|
|Boletaria Soldier (Axe)||201053||150||154||98||0||0||0||44||77||50||75||100|
|Boletaria Soldier (Halberd)||201054||140||196||98||0||0||0||44||77||50||75||100|
|Red Eye Knight (Sword)||202050||220||1460||120||0||0||0||54||77||75||75||100|
|Red Eye Knight (Claymore)||202052||235||1890||120||0||0||0||54||77||75||75||100|
|Red Eye Knight (Spear)||202053||210||2070||120||0||0||0||54||77||75||75||100|
|Fat Official (Iron Ring of Keys)||208000||520||1979||88||0||50||0||96||51||100||100||75|
|Fat Official (Official's Cap)||208005||520||1979||88||0||50||0||96||51||100||100||75|
|Fat Official (Black Phantom)||208006||520||3797||88||0||50||0||96||51||100||100||75|
|Fat Official (Jail Tower)||208007||520||1979||88||0||50||0||96||51||100||100||75|
Special Effect Multipliers
Special Effect Multipliers are blanket multipliers that are applied to NPCs, including Black Phantoms. For example, if the HP multiplier is "x2", the NPC will have twice the health that the player would have if they had identical stats and equipment. The NPC's attack multipliers are applied before the damage is affected by the player's defenses and resistances. Damage received by the NPC is slightly more complicated. When the player does damage to the NPC, the raw damage is put into a formula and computed against the NPC's resistances. These resistances are multiplied by the values in the Physical/Magic/Fire Defense columns before calculation. Afterward, the remaining damage is reduced by resistances, it is then multiplied by the Damage reduction multipliers in the Physical/Magic/Fire Reduction columns. The output damage remaining is the dealt to the NPC.
|Red Eye Knight||x1.7||x1.94||x1.8||x1.8||x1.8||-||-||-||x1.4||x1.4||x1.4||-||-||-|
|Fat Official (Black Phantom)||3.4||x1.94||x2.7||x2.7||x2.7||-||-||-||x2.1||x2.1||x2.1||-||-||-|
World Tendency Events
- No White World events
- Two Black Phantom Fat Officials appear in a short passage after the Red Eye Knight and three Boletaria Soldier bowmen. You will become sandwiched between them, so be ready
- A Primeval Demon is located past the two Black Phantom Fat Officials, on the same platform as two Boletaria Soldier archers
Walkthrough and Map
- 1-3 Tower Knight Archstone Map - numbered sections below correlate to circled numbers on the map
- Your starting position for this map, the Tower Knight Archstone. The door ahead will remain locked until you destroy an Archdemon (the final boss of another world), so go do so if you haven't already. Enter the courtyard area. Watch out for the two Dogs in this area while you relieve the fallen soldiers of their souls. Note the gate in the upper right hand corner, this will become important later.
- As you climb this staircase, a soldier will spring a trap and send flaming balls down at you. Hide in the corner marked by 2 on the map to avoid it completely.
- As you reach Point 3, a scene will trigger and the gate ahead will close. As you proceed up the stairs, remember the level's only Crystal Lizard on a porch to the right. The first time you approach, three Soldiers will burst out of the alley. Take them out and head up to the newly closed gate to grab a Stone of Ephemeral Eyes. Return to Point 3 and make a left into the alleyway.
- Two Soldiers will be patrolling this area, one in a square just outside the alleyway, and another up and down the stairs. Lure the Soldier patrolling the square out into Point 3 and engage him. Once he's dead, go for the Soldier patrolling the stairs. Because he lacks a shield, he's easy pickings for your bow. After he's taken care of, notice the open ledge at the top of the stairs. This is the perfect spot to pick off the Crossbow Soldier at Point 4. You can also drop down to find an item, but leave that for now.
- First go down the stairs and you'll come across a new enemy, an Imperial Spy. Lure him up into the square, as he's very dangerous in tight quarters. The Imperial Spy can attack quickly with a dagger or throw knives from afar. Watch his attacks carefully and only attack when he's stunned to save yourself some hurt. Once he's down, head downstairs. Right before leaving the tunnel that the Imperial Spy was waiting in, look to your left and break through the wooden cart/shelves to retrieve some treasure. Be careful as you move out into the open towards the ladder ahead. There is an archer located high above back over your right shoulder. He may not see you if you have your Thief's Ring on. Just in case, quickly climb up the ladder to find an alcove that you can safely snipe from.
- Keep your shield up as you enter Point 4. There is an Imperial Spy on the stairs in the Southeast corner. Another thing to note about these enemies is that they're often equipped with a Thief's Ring, only making them visible when you come close. Observe the flaming ball positioned at the top of the stairs, run up the stairs a little to trigger it's descent and then run back down to dodge it. Go back up the stairs and enter the first side alley on your left. An Imperial Spy will be waiting, so lure him back to the open area at the bottom of the stairs and take him out normally.
- Now enter the first side alley on your right to find another Imperial Spy who is backed up by a lone Crossbow Soldier at the end of the alley. Repeat the previous method to take out the Imperial Spy and then deal with crossbow guy. Keep moving up the stairs and enter the last side alley to find an item. As you procure your prize (a mere Slave's Shield) an Imperial Spy will drop behind you, blocking your escape route. Fight him, but be very cautious as you're in such a tight space. Finally, kill the Soldier at the top of the stairs to reach Point 5.
- This is where things get troublesome. You'll notice three Crossbow Soldiers on a ledge ahead of you. There should also be a Fat Official hanging out with them. Take them out from the stairs in the alleyway and not out in the open, lest you receive a nasty surprise. That surprise is a Red Eye Knight lurking in the building to your right along with two Soldiers.
- Try to lure the Knight out and not the Soldiers, as the Knight will require all your attention. If you encountered the Knight in 1-1, let me remind you that you do not want to get hit by any of his attacks. Play defensively and only attack when he's stunned or trying to heal, and you should be fine. Now lure the Soldier out of the building and take him out. As you enter the building, watch out for a second Soldier lurking just to the right. Thwart his attempts and move up the stairs ahead to find a Dregling Merchant and Great Sword just outside the door. This ledge is a good sniper perch to take some health off the Fat Official (given that he's still there). This will make your life easier later. Once you're done, head back downstairs and proceed through the fog door on the left.
- Use extreme caution here, as inside the long hallway is a Red Eye Knight wielding a Claymore with both hands. This Knight is exponentially more dangerous than the others, so lure him out into an open area like Point 5 before engaging. Your shield is practically useless against him as if you block his attack he'll catch you in a stun lock and kill you if you don't roll away as fast as possible. He'll usually attack twice or three times in succession before recovering, so strike after he stops attacking. Once your powerful rival is pushing up daisies, proceed to Point 7.
- You can kill this Red Eye Knight without going through the green fog, if you have a decent bow. He patrols back and forth from the green fog, down the hallway, and out the door across the gap. You can either shoot him when he comes out the far door, or you can shoot him through the windows as he walks down the hallway. If you go for the window method (which will do more damage as he is closer) then fire an arrow past him so he hears the noise and stops. This makes him an easier target.
- If you have the God's Wrath miracle, you can kill the Knight from the other side of the fog. Stand right in front of the fog and wait for the Knight to reach your end of the hallway, then cast the spell. If the fog is already open, just hide around the corner, where he can't see you, and watch for his approach. If your Faith is high enough, one blast will kill him.
- If you have a long weapon (the Uchigatana is splendid) walk all the way up to the fog without entering. When the Knight sees you on the other side of the fog he'll walk up to you and stare. Walk backwards until he begins moving towards you. Once he hits the fog he'll stop, now you can move up to the fog and do a strong (L2/R2 whichever hand you use) attack with your long weapon and it will hit him through the fog. Be careful. He may attack, and because of the length of his weapon, you can be hit. The fog will hold him back, but you should evade or step back quickly after your attack through the fog.
- Poison Cloud also makes this a very easy kill.
- If you fall down to the ledge below (to the right of the first fog gate). Make sure you hop over the middle of the low ledge to proceed. Hopping over either end of the ledge, increases the risk of getting stuck in mid air as you hop over. You will be forced to reload your game if you do get stuck.
- There's an Imperial Spy lurking in wait here, as well as the Fat Official from earlier. Take out the Imperial Spy first then move to the Fat Official. He moves and attacks slowly, but will make your life rather miserable if he gets a hit off. He also has a load of health. Whittle him down to nothing and relieve him of his Iron Ring of Keys before moving on. A myriad of foes awaits you on the next landing, including Crossbow Soldiers, Regular Soldiers, and an Imperial Spy. Take out the Crossbow Soldiers on the right first and the Spy when he appears, then finish off the Regular Soldiers. By now this should be simple.
- Continue onward along the wal ls to find another Red Eye Knight wielding a two-hander. Ouch. Take him out as before, but be careful, as it would be a shame if your journey ended here. Snipe the Crossbow Soldiers across the bridge, kill the soldiers, and keep on keeping on.
- The Iron Ring of Keys will be at the Fat Official spawn point should you forget to pick it up before returning to the Nexus.
- This entire area is really more of the same. Note the side path that leads to an item, and just continue along the walls as usual to reach Point 9 on the map. On the right side of the wall, right over the gate, away from the Fat Official, you can jump down on the ridge above the gate to find a Penetrating Sword.
- The Fat Official that locked you out earlier is still here. One has to wonder what he's been doing all this time. Anyway, you can sneak up behind him and get a few hits on him. Kill him quickly though, as your good buddy Ostrava will be in need of help on the other side of the gate. Again. Once the Fat Official is dead, take his sweet Official's Cap and pull the lever to open the gate.
- Ostrava has gotten himself cornered by two Red Eye Knights and a Soldier. Help him kill his adversaries. Once they're dead, Ostrava will thank you by giving you a Pure Clearstone. Sweet. And now that the gate's open you can easily return here without going through all that side alley silliness again.
- Note: Keep in mind that, after saving Ostrava, if you leave this area and return to the Nexus without killing the 1-3 boss, most of the Soldiers on Ostrava's patrol route will respawn upon your return. It's possible that Ostrava could be killed by the enemies, so if you need him alive for his final appearance in 1-4 (or for the Mephistopheles assassination quest), help him kill the Soldiers again when you return. Before we proceed, however, remember that locked door all the way back at Point 1? Head back there.
- Ostrava will retreat here if you save him. Talk to him to collect your Pure Clearstone.
- Use your Iron Ring of Keys to open the locked door here, and move down into the dungeon area.
- Another Fat Official will be waiting for you here. This one likes to shoot fire, so equip some fire defense. If you've been through Stonefang then this will be simple. Once he's dead, take his Bloody Key. Down the hallway, just past Point 11, there's a Crystal Lizard. At the very end of this tunnel you'll find a Tower Shield (weight 30). There are items scattered around in some of the cells here, so use your Iron Ring of Keys to open them.
- One of the cages, however, contains a very helpful ally. Meet Biorr, of the Twin Fangs. While he's inclined to continue napping for now, he'll be of great assistance against some of the later bosses of this world. From here however, we're not done freeing people just yet. Leave the dungeon and return to the iron door at Point 13.
- Use your Bloody Key on this door to find… more alleyways! This is a relatively uneventful trip, aside from the Stone of Ephemeral Eyes in one of the side areas. Move along to Point 15.
- The first thing you'll likely notice is the laughing of a Fat Official, as well as some items off to the side. You can get the Ring of the Accursed and the Ring of Magical Nature here. Grab them and don the Official's Cap. The Fat Official above will lower the stairs for you. He won't be hostile until you take off the Official's Cap or attack him, so feel free to backstab him.
- Yuria, the Witch waits here to be rescued. Take off the Official's Cap as she won't take too kindly to you with it on. After talking with her, she'll tell you to go on ahead while she rests and escapes to the Nexus. Now that we've finished this little sidequest, it's time to move on with the level. Return to Point 9 and keep going to find a couple Soldiers to kill before reaching Point 17.
- This is another rough spot, but one that can be handled easily with a good strategy. You'll find all manner of Soldiers, as well as 3 (!!) Red Eye Knights guarding a Fat Official. First, snipe all of the Crossbow Soldiers with arrows, and lure out the Regular Soldiers one at a time with them. When they're all dead, move forward for a quick scene as the Fat Official escapes.
- Now the only things remaining are those three menacing Red Eye Knights. The stairway is wide so running around them is always an option. If you want to fight the best strategy here is to equip the Thief's Ring so they don't all try to come after you at once, and use arrows to lure each of them out, one at a time. By now you should have had some solid experience dealing with Red Eye Knights, so they shouldn't be too much of a hassle. Once, they're gone, proceed up the stairs to the final fog door.
- Head back all the way to the main staircase and up towards the location for the Primeval Demon spawn. Head to the upper walkway of that platform, towards the location where the Unknown Hero's Soul is. Walk towards the edge until just before you walk off. From there you can snipe every enemy (including the three Red Eye Knights) with any bow. Once each enemy gets close they'll start pathing into the wall and become easy prey for a lock-on bow killing.
- The final fog door. Not much else to say. Mentally prepare yourself and enter.
- The demon boss. See the Penetrator link for more information.